Saturday, December 1, 2012

My Thing on Marriage


So I have been talking to some friends, some married & some single, also have been observant to life & shows, people just have different ideas about the subject.  Just want to point out my view & might show a bit of light on why Im single.

 During my time in Hot Springs, I observed on people in relationships.  Some looking happy & some looking miserable.  But my hometown is where I developed one of my fears about marriage.  I talked to people here & it at times just seem they are more happy to be married than be w/ someone that they love.  My fear of marriage is knowing there are a lot of women that want it, and there are some that will risk marrying someone that they are not fully attractive to them.  I have seen couples that it seem like the reason they were together was because it was out of obligation & just be together to combine income.  When/If I decide to get married for some crazy reason, I want it to be w/ someone that Im equally yoked to & we have an equally attraction to each other.  But a key fear I also have is the “make it til you fake it” idea, where someone will pretend to be that ideal mate until they finally get the ring.  I also hear the saying “Men jumps into marriage thinking women wont change, Women jump into marriage thinking men will change”.  I know Im still a work in progress, yet I want someone to love me for who I am, and I want to do the same for the woman I talk to.  I want it to be w/ someone that loves me because Im that great guy, not just what I can bring.  I know women said their “clock” is ticking, yet I say if you are that desperate to have a child, go to a sperm bank.  I even had a former coworker, he said he is married & have kids w/ his wife, and he says that his wife was a “former lesbian”.  I know some women are waiting for that right man to have kids with, but women PLEASE make sure he is worthy of being father material before having kids w/ him.

 But on the subject of attraction, there are small differences between being attracted to someone & not being attracted.  It does scare me that there are women may leave someone horrible they are attracted to & marry someone they feel is husband material yet they are not doing those same things of showing being attractive as they did to their ex.  I heard a story of where a woman married a guy & would still think of her ex just to get off during sex.  I don’t want to get into a relationship in where I proved to be better than a woman’s ex yet I get less sex & stuff than when she was w/ her ex.  That’s a key reason I don’t really like the 90 day rule: Cause for every guy that has to go through that rule, theres another guy that doesn’t have to go through it w/ that same woman.

 

Just my 2 cents, hopefully I can fight my laziness today & actually put this tree up

No comments:

Post a Comment