Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Thoughts on Bridezillas

So a few days ago, I was watching a few episodes of Bridezillas on WEtv. I know, a man watching this show. I just saw one episode, and I thought it was funny. But it just made me think of some random things on the show:

If you trying to lose weight for a wedding, why do you just want to starve yourself rather than eating right & exercising??

Can you REALLY plan a wedding w/o a budget?? And what happened to saving up for the wedding rather than waiting the last minute??

Why do some women want a bachelorette party yet don’t want their future husband to have one?? If you don’t trust him to be faithful, why marry him??

Do anyone go through marriage counseling before getting married??

Why do some women see a day of marriage as HER special day rather the COUPLE’s special day??

If the people in the wedding know that the bride has problems, including the mother, why doesn’t anyone step to the bride & tell her that she may not be ready to get married yet??



But the main question is that is it really worth it to get married when you know you have problems?? I know this may be a funny show but there is a deeper meaning/something to this. Do some women see marriage as a way of “keeping up w/ the Joneses”?? I know that there are little girls that are trained to believe that your life is nothing unless you get married. I thought when you get married, its to someone that you love. If you don’t trust the person or even checked out the person & be friends w/ them 1st, whats the point?? If a woman doesn’t trust her man to be faithful, whats the point? Im not married yet I have notice that getting married does not solve problems. I know that the divorce rate in marriage is over 50% now, yet I also feel that nothing or no one is gonna try to fix this because 1) People & companies often gain money & attention from weddings, even when there are bad marriages and 2) People & companies often gain money & attentions from divorces, don’t believe me, ask Tiger Wood’s ex wife & also the people that covered JLo’s divorce.


Just my random thoughts on this, thats all

1 comment:

  1. I saw an episode of Bridezilla's when the bride-to-be absolutely did not want her fiancee' to have a bachelor party but she had a bachelorette party. If I'm not mistaking, she even went in a private room with a stripper on camera. I thought that was so disrespectful. I'm sure her husband saw the footage with the rest of the world.

    And yes, people do go to counseling. My husband and I got married 6 months ago and we did counseling with our officiant. I guess they just don't on Bridezillas. Sometimes I think that the show aims to display whatever will shock and entertain its viewers. Like I guess no one wants to see couples go through marriage counseling and take the steps to eliminate problems to ensure a happy marriage.

    I always wonder if all these shows are helping demoralize the institution of marriage by showing all the foolishness. Don't get me wrong, I watch the show every now and again. But I can't help but to think they make a mockery of marriage because our country no longer values the sanctity of marriage. What do you think?

    I think I've blabbed on and on enough for now lol! I hope you're having a wonderful night, Mr. Johnson :)

    ReplyDelete