Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 18th 2011-izzle

Good Day today, got a lot of stuff done today. At home tonight baking chicken & deciding what rice to cook. Saw a newspaper ad from the Oaklawn racetrack that they starting up their Happy Hour: $1 drafts & $2 wells, so I might talk to some friends on who want to go to that.

Game 2 on deck w/ Miami & Chicago, still pulling for Chicago in the series. Saw last night that Cleveland won the 1st overall pick in next month's draft, along with having the 4th overall pick. That 1st overall pic was supposed to have been the Clippers but that trade in Feb affected that. Cleveland traded away Mo Williams for Baron Davis & this #1 pick so Clippers must be praying that Mo is back in All-Star form so they wont look bad for this trade. My projection: Mo becomes starting PG for Clips, Cavs used top pick to get Kyrie Irving, Baron Davis helps groom Irving but Davis is tradable

I talked to one of my homeboys earlier, he was having a trial today for an accident that happened with his & his wife's baby. The thing is that this accident happened when the wife was not at home. I known guy for a good while, more than likely it was just an accident & he wouldnt hurt a fly. The police gotten involved and now they have ordered a no-contact period, so he can see his wife or his own son. Now his wife wants a divorce even when he told her it was an accident. He talked to me that there have been times where there have been heavy arguing between the two & he does admit that it may have been too early to get married (They gotten engaged, gotten married in the courthouse, and had a baby while he was still in college & he only worked part-time at a Pizza Hut). I was ready to bust them both in the head at one point: How you gonna switch out an old car for a new car, knowing you dont have the funds to cover the note, then you get repoed?? Basically there have been problems w/ money and neither one is able to hold down a job, now he just grad from college looking for work & she only works for Avon. He jumped off of FB and the wife basically is playing this victim role on FB, talking about how she is proud of being free & certain stuff he said. I talked to my homeboy & he denied saying the stuff she was posting, she may have just have been looking for attention & that she was blowing things out of porportion. My thing is I am a single guy, I have never been married, & I'm doing what I can to avoid giving advice to this couple, but I am gonna pray for this couple. And no matter if they stay together or not, I hope homie gets to see his son again. I really havent heard her side of the story just yet.

Lesson in all of this: Make sure you have YOURSELF ready & grounded before getting married & make sure you carefully screen your partner you want to marry

Have also been thinking on my housing options. I have a nice place Ive been renting for a few years, also been saving up to go & buy my own home, yet the only thing is that I dont see myself long-term in the city of Hot Springs. I have been somewhat borderline miserable here in this city, I've only been here because of my family, making sure my mom & sis are taken care of, and my sis is starting high school in the fall so Im watching out for her, as well as she made the high school cheerleading squad for the fall so I'll be supporting her. My mom knows it yet she still pushing other options here, she giving out vibes that she wants me to stay, knowing her, thats what she wants yet too proud to admit to it. But I will suck it up for the time being.

Food is almost done & but to throw down, now feeling lazy on the rice, white bread will do.

I'm off *Dancing off doing Dave Chappelle dance* lol

No comments:

Post a Comment