Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rex Ryan's Book/30 Day Song Challenge - Day 8




One of the key things I do when I choose books to read, 2 things come to mind: 1) Subjects that I like and 2) Something I might learn from. This book has both, sports & knowledge. It may be by a NFL Coach, but I really think dude is smart. He does describe his background, even his father & brother were coaches in the NFL, so its in the blood but he still had to put in work. Two things I got out of it: One, Don’t try to take major leads in life if you don’t have major goals & ready to put in major work. Ryan said he joined the Jets & aiming to win a championship EVERY season. Two, just be honest with the people around you. We keep forgetting there are still people these days that can see through bullshit. Although it relates to sports, its a good read for both males & females because of the lessons he tells through his experiences. His brother Rob is now the Defensive Coordinator w/ my team the Dallas Cowboys, hope he brings that fire & passion as well.

Interesting quote:
“I get so freaking tired of coaches who try to downplay expectations. You know what they’re really doing?? They’re trying to cover their ass in case what they said the first time doesn’t work out so that they have excuses. I came here to win titles”

On Day 8 of the 30 Day Song Challenge, It’s a song that I know all the lyrics to. I remember when I heard this song back in 6th grade. I’ve recently heard the song again, and I still know the lyrics despite it being a long time hearing it. I think I got their CD in my room buried somewhere.

Crucial Conflict - Hay

No comments:

Post a Comment