Monday, June 20, 2011

Sleepy Monday

This day close to being over & Im just nodding off in front of my computer, didnt really have a good night of sleep, but still got up for workouts

Me & my sis got to run together for the first time early this morning, I picked her up & we ran downtown. First lap was good, was going through the trail in the woods. 2nd time going around, she got creeped out by some small spiders, so she said she wasnt going to go that route again because of them. So what we did was jogged on the main streets, she did aight, yet has some ways to go. She doesnt go back to cheerleader workouts w/ her team until late July so she wanted me to help her out w/ some workouts.

Yesterday was good, ended up going to my mom's house, cooked spaghetti & cornbread, good enough to where Im happy for those leftovers tonight.

So Ive been talking to my mom, its still in the air on whats going on for the 4th of July. Family was supposed to meet up in Missouri City/Houston, TX yet we just now finding out the main house that the family is supposed to meet up at, my Granddad's house, is in the process of being remodeled. So theres a chance that we might head to Texarkana instead. Also, if there is any more remodeling that need to be done, chances are I may have to be in Missouri City to help out later on, so its questionable if Im going to ATL later this summer. Just still getting to bond more w/ my family down there.

Keep hearing about the Fried KoolAid, and me being the type to play in the kitchen, I actually googled the recipe, hopefully I might even give a review later on what I think if & when I cook them:

Fried Kool-Aid Recipe

Ingredients:
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup Kool-Aid (We like grape)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 of sugar (Want it sweeter? Add more)
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups milk
- 3 2/3 cups of flour

Optional (variations we think are equally mouthwatering)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. dark chocolate (melted)
- 1 tsp. honey

Make the batter by beating the eggs and sugar together. Gradually add the milk and dry ingredients, including the optional ones. Cook in hot vegetable oil until golden brown (a few minutes, depending on heat). Cool in tray for a few minutes, then dig in.


Also found a rendition of Reel People doing Stevie Wonder's Goden Lady, loved it, is it better than the original???

No comments:

Post a Comment