Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend & Reading

In a way, still tired from the weekend. I thought I was gonna go to that small biker fair & I was gonna take my lil sis, yet found out she was entertaining her neighbor's niece that just came to town & needed someone to hang with. So my sis got a chance to go to Magic Springs on someone else's dime just for playing host. So I did get some work done, but primary I ended up mowing the lawn at my mom's home. I was asking all this time if she wanted me to mow it for her, she keeps declining me & said she was paying another guy to do it & the guy really need the money, plus my mom is still paranoid of buying her own lawnmower because the last one got stolen a few years ago. So what happened was that on Saturday evening, I get this call from my mom's friend talking about using her lawnmower. I was confused because my mom declined me doing it, buy my mom's friend said she have been telling mom all week that she had a mower that my mom could use, and I didnt know they had this convo. So I ended up getting into my warmups ready to work, headed over to mom's house, and got the mower from the woman. I was halfway done when the guy my mom hired came through & saw that I was doing it. He said he thought he was doing it, I told him I was thrown off myself because I offered to do it for her, and she declined, now I was actually doing it, so I told the guy sorry & that I was doing it that day. I ended up finishing it, then my mom comes home. I was almost like Mom why didnt you tell me this?? but I was tired. I was wondering if she do this on purpose just to avoid telling the guy she didnt want to pay him this time & have me deal w/ him instead, she have done it before.

Believe it or not, I didnt watch the BET Awards, just didnt feel like it. I did finish another book this weekend as well, Carl Weber's Big Girls Do Cry. I've been a fan on Weber since reading So You Call Yourself a Man. Strangely, Big Girls Do Cry made me mad at the ending. In the book, the woman was having a problem w/ her marriage, and she finds thongs in her bed & in her couch that was not hers, so she instantly accused her husband (Leon) of cheating. Then later on, a woman approaches her house telling her she was having an affair w/ Leon. Later that day, She confronts her husband & he denies the whole affair & says he never met the woman. They do go to counseling but Things escalated, she ends up pulling a gun on him & wants him to leave. She then goes out w/ her gay friend to the bar & meets this guy there, and she sleeps w/ him. Later, she starts dating this guy (Mike) she knew from her childhood & they hit it off great. Leon is still coming around, he going & making progress in counseling & he still denying the affair, but the wife said she had enough of him & she wanted him to just go w/ "the other woman". One day out of the blue, a guy approaches her at a restaurant right before she leaves for vacation w/ Mike, the person was a detective, and said that her husband was innocent all this time. He showed her pictures of her gay friend paying a woman to pose as a woman her husband was supposedly sleeping with. At first, she calls Mike that things were over between then & calls Leon to tell him she found out he was being honest. But at the end of the book, although her & Leon look to have a happy ending, she ending up having Mike as the guy on the side still.

Why this made me mad?? If you go all out & accuse your husband of cheating, yet you later found out he didn't, dont you owe him something for that shit he took when you accused him?? He was innocent, but in the end, she became the cheater. And what I questioned was that when the woman told you she was sleeping w/ your husband, why didnt you call your husband right there on the spot?? Almost reminded me of the movie Obsessed, never even remember the wife apologizing. Maybe it just me, not trying to be sensitive, but it just feel like testing a innocent man's character, almost like some women are upset that a man did not cheat on them.

But Im just venting. Next book I got my hands on: Play like you mean it; Passion, laughs, and leadership in the world's most beautiful game by Rex Ryan, Coach of the New York Jets

No comments:

Post a Comment